Activities for Reading
- At least 10 minutes of daily reading (this should be recorded in homework diaries). For depth of understanding and increased fluency, we actively encourage you to re-read a book several times, asking questions to check your child's comprehension of what they are reading.
Activities for Spelling
- Practise your child’s weekly spelling list, which can be found in the Monster Phonics spelling book.
- Practise the Year 2 Statutory spelling list, which can be found in the school homework diary.
- Practise your child’s weekly spellings both verbally and in written forms.
- use some of the free activities on the Monster Phonics app.
Activities for Maths
- Use the Doodlemaths app weekly to encourage your child to practise the key skills in numeracy.
- Use Education City and find a game based on a topic your child is unsure of or have worked on in class that week to build on their understanding.
- Try some of the PurpleMash activities linked to our current Maths themes.
Homework project for May half term.